Tips For Parents Travelling With Toddlers
Travel Stress-Free with Toddlers to Vaishno Devi
Nestled in nature’s lap amid the lush greenery and soul-stirring landscape, Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in the Trikuta Mountains is an ode to the divine power that is at the onus of all creation. Also known as the cave shrine of Trikuta Bhagvati, Mata’s temple is one of the prime Hindu pilgrimage places, visited by people from all over the world every year.
Whether you are feeling lost in life, looking for redemption, or simply to get the blessings of the divine, a Darshan to Vaishno Mata and Bhairon Temple will cleanse your soul of all the negative energies that have been hampering the well-being of you and your family.
While lakhs of people, irrespective of their age visit the shrine throughout the year, the journey can be exhausting for couples traveling with toddlers. Even with state-of-the-art amenities through the trail, the 13 km hike from Katra to the temple or Bhawan can be arduous for the child as well as the parents. So that it does not become a Baadha on your Yatra plans, we have come up with a few tips that will make the journey easy for the entire family.
- 1. Research is the key to traveling, especially when you have a little one with you. You need to have an idea where you can source amenities like baby food, medicines, diapers, etc. if needed. Better to do your homework than to feel lost in a new place.
- 2. It is best to pre-book everything starting from the transport (bus/private car) to accommodation and the Yatra (online facility available) instead of keeping it for the last minute.
- 3. Carry a foldable stroller, as it can be really hard to carry or swaddle your baby in a carrier all through the trek. It is an uncomfortable scenario for both the parent as well the child. In case you are unable to travel with a stroller there are prams available for rent at Katra.
- 4. Keep all essential amenities like diapers, baby formula, water, etc. with you. If your baby is still on breast milk, pump it into bottles and carry it so that there is no problem with the feeding.
- 5. If you think that the trek to the temple and then to the Bhairon temple will be too exhausting for the toddler, it is best to book a helicopter from Katra to Sanji Chhat. For the visit to the Bhairon temple, you can take the ropeway. Both are quite affordable.
- 6. To ensure safety, never entrust a stranger with your child. The baby should be constantly under the care of a family member.
- 7. Don’t let your child consume anything from a stranger.
By keeping these essential pointers in mind, you will be able to complete your Vaishno Devi Yatra peacefully, gaining the divine blessings for your entire family towards a happy and prosperous life.