Ways To Complete Yatra
Ways to complete the Vaishno Devi Yatra
The Vaishno Devi yatra is the reminiscence of spiritual magnetism that lies in the Trikuta Mountains of Jammu. Filled with the chants of the devotees that can give you goosebumps and the breathtaking sites, the Vaishno Devi yatra is the perfect epitome of Hindu culture. While you are on the way for Darshan, you need to ensure that you don’t miss any experience, which is why here are some ways to complete your Vaishno Devi Yatra:
- 1. While hiking, take pony rides or palkis to the Top.
- 2. Stop at Ardhkuwari and Bhairao Nath on your way.
- 3. Offer your Prasad and Poojan to the Holy Pindies in the Holy Cave/ Holy Bhawan
- 4. Before you go into the Bhawan make sure to pay a visit to the Charan Ganga from the Amrit Kund.
- 5. While, you are there or Darshan, make sure to visit Baba Dhansar, Chandanwari, and other destinations like Jhajjar Kotli that lie in proximity.
To cover the Yatra pilgrims can opt for any of the following ways:
- Trek: As the Vaishno Devi shrine is in Trikuta mountains at 5,200ft is 61 km from Jammu city, pilgrims have to trek for about 13 kms from the foothills of Katra. During the trek to Vaishno Devi yatra as you spot shops lined with food, groups of chanting devotees, and pilgrims on horseback, Bask in the joy of lush green vegetation and the natural beauty of the place. To cover the track you can take the old or original track which was built on the traditional track of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi. The old track is a bit steeper and so there is also this new track that was constructed for a gentler gradient. While on your way, you must cross Charan Paduka, Adhkuwari, Himkoti, Sanjichhat and Bhairon Ghati.
- Horse: For the exhausting trek and the uphill terrain, ponies are quite a convenient and adventurous way. Depending upon the season a pony can cost you about 500-800 and it takes about 3-4 hours for travelling one way.
- Palki: Palkis are generally arranged for older people or people with back problems who cannot travel on horses. They are a tad expensive than the ponies, but they are more comfortable as well.
- Battery Operated Cars: One can take a battery operated car from Ardhkuwari to the Checkpost at the Shrine. Ardhkuwari falls at the midway of the trek and so you will have to trek for almost 6kms.
- Pithu for kids: Pithus can carry kids uphill or they can also work like your porter to carry luggage uphill.
- Helicopter: If your budget can accommodate, then also make sure to board a helicopter from Katra to Sanjichhat or getting a bird’s eye view of the valley below. The scene will entice you from the core and keep you hooked with surreal divinity. From there you can take a horse or trek for about 2.5 kms.
During the trek to Vaishno Devi yatra as you spot shops lined with food, groups of chanting devotees, and pilgrims on horseback, make sure to appreciate the lush green vegetation and the natural beauty of the place. If your budget can accommodate, then also make sure to board a helicopter from Katra to Sanjichhat or getting a bird’s eye view of the valley below. The scene will entice you from the core and keep you hooked with surreal divinity